Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pat Franklin

I met Pat Franklin a number of years ago at the Tempe park. He was one of many randoms who were coming out to Arizona from Illinois at the time and I didn't really know anything about him. A little while after that, he ended up living at my house and we became good friends. He moved into my house in the hottest part of the summer while my air conditioner was broken and he didn't want to seem whiny so he never called me to tell me about how hot it was... so he just sweated it out at my house alone while I was away at camp. Pat is a good skateboarder with an awesome style. He is really good at a lot of tricks that I like to see done well. I think I said something similar to that about Rick Eusey when his interview went up. Pat also gets a lot of credit in my eyes for actually making the video below for his Chumpchange interview. Pat backs Chumpchange, Chumpchange backs Pat.

p.s. for the record, Pat's halfcab feeble 180 on that angle iron ledge was the most overlooked trick in the Yeah promo.

Here's a photo of Pat from the The SkateboardMag site recently. photo by Tim Johnson

Pat Sleeping on the floor of my apartment shot by Phil Jackson. I've always liked this photo because it sums up my old apartment really well

Name:Patrick Michael Franklin

Top 3 favorite cities:
Chicago, Illinois
Prescott, Arizona
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Top 3 skateboarders:
Dan Drehobl
Ethan Fowler
Ed Templeton

Top 3 skateboarders that you know personally:
Matt King
Kevinly
Brandon Vance

When was your prime?
Before I started skateboarding, I was dominating the Little League scene in my area. And I really didn’t have to worry about working or being a grown up.

5 good bands:
Frank Zappa
Devo
Cat Stevens
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Jens Lekman

5 good songs:
Say It Ain’t So - Weezer
Tea For The Tillerman - Cat Stevens
Don’t Worry About The Government - The Talking Heads
Apostrophe - Frank Zappa
Rare As The Yet - Kid Congo And The Pink Monkey Birds


5 tricks you can't do:
backside heelflips
Frontside Flips
Backside Smith Grinds
Switch Backside Grinds
Switch Dropins

Spirit animal:
Bill Murray

5 good books:
Frank Zappa Autobiography
Einstein Biography
Animal Farm
Earth
Skateboarding For Dummies

What’s the worst?
Quitting Smoking
Hospital Bills
Contact Lenses
Buying Gasoline
Winter

What’s the best?
Diet Coke
Starbucks
Headwear
Not going to school
Nagasaki

3 good non skateboarders:
Eric Scholin
Sunny Wermager
Conan O’brien

What do you like to do outside of skateboarding?
Whatevz

What is your prized possession?
My boy Earl

What will end the world?
Aliens for sure

Pat's video is amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment