Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Worst blog post of my career?????

Behind the scenes of the worst skateboarding fall ever taken by a human.

It was a day like any other, and me and the boys were out trying to film for the yet to be released Manatee video.

I was trying to get my fourth from ender (which was going to be a 200ft nosegrind on that angle iron ledge in the picture) when everything went black! Apparently I missed my ollie, ran on the ledge for a few minutes(milliseconds) and took the 6 ft drop straight to my hip! When I finally came to, I had no idea what was happening. A blinding pain was taking up most of my brain's attention span. My good friend Chris Fetter documented this moment of agony for me so I'd never forget it. I think I might have actually yelled at him for taking the picture, instead of what he should have been doing which was calling several ambulances!

When all was said and done, the doctors at the ER diagnosed me with a rare disorder called R.O.A.D R.A.S.H. Which, based on the amount of pain I was in, must stand for Rare Organal Amputation Disease Ruptured Asphyxiated Severed Hemoglobin.

Luckily, I was able to survive the fall. Doctors are still baffled by my miraculous recovery and the fall will forever go down as the worst skateboarding fall to ever happen to a human being.

1 comment:

  1. ya, you were worried about your innards. it was a pretty decent slam.

    ReplyDelete