Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Accident.

Today I went to the bookstore and unintentionally walked into a Community Dialogue on SB1070(which is Arizona's controversial new immigration law). I had no idea this event was taking place but I am really happy that I was there to see it. It was two speakers who explained the new law in simple terms and talked about some of the 'not so talked about' aspects of the new law (such as the law making it illegal to harbor or aide people who are in this country illegally). It was pretty informative and interesting. It got pretty heated at times with people arguing with the two speakers and the audience yelling back and forth. My favorite part was when this Native American man got up on stage and said "Our people didn't ask you for your papers!"

Speaker Kyrsten Sinema taking questions from the opposition
the crowd

No comments:

Post a Comment